There are many issues and injuries that can impact the foot. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you are wearing shoes that fit correctly. Shoes should be comfortable and supportive, while also cushioning the foot. One way to ensure this is to purchase shoes that are specifically made for the physical activity you are doing. Another thing that can be done to ensure that shoes fit correctly is by purchasing them at the end of the day, when our feet are the largest. The toes should be able to comfortably wiggle in the shoes, and the heel should comfortably be gripped. Patients who have more questions about making sure they’re wearing the right shoes should consult with a podiatrist.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of one of our podiatrists from PA Foot & Ankle Associates. Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our offices located in Allentown, Easton, Northampton, and Chew Street in Allentown, PA . We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.